View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 10:24 AM

so i've been looking through cassettes online and it seems that they all have some degree of non-carrier cogs, and these are all the ones that will get torqued the most - the bottom two or three or four.

i also looked at the chris king driveshell in steel and it's a million dollars. problem is, i've already built the wheel and it's running great and if it wasn't such a unique set-up that (usually) works well, i'd have no problem using a different hub or building a different wheel or whatever. price i pay for doing the fancy thing with a chris king hub i guess. i can't even adjust the thing 'cause of its proprietary 'cones'.

anyway, the sram red one that's almost entirely one block of metal seems pretty good, also a million dollars, and other people have also had problems with ultegra biting into the freehub body, so maybe it's just a damned if i do kind of scenario. in which case, tiagra it is and i'll burn the king driveshell bridge when i come to it. thanks for all of the input though.