View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 07:33 AM
Like I'm the only one...

Ah, big Will the pale one bailed on a downhill Easter Sunday 2002 and lived to tell about it. Yep that's right we were visiting my parents and I just had to show my son my speed skills on a board set up for a 60lb kid.

Mannnn, I must have been doing about 20 when the speed wobbles set it. I just knew I could pull it out until I had to either step off and take my bumps, or the board decided when to pitch me on my face.... so I stepped off in the mid 20's hoping for the best. Step, bammmm, flip, thud, crack, flip, flip. When I cracked my head I was pissed because my son was watching and the wife had come to the front door and saw my final roll. When I got up off the street my son yelled down to me, " Dad are you all right?'" Followed immediately by, " Dang how many flips did you do? "

End result, a severe tongue lashing from the wife and parental units. Road rash on both knees, elbows, hip, and the top of my head. Oh, the pulled groin kinda hurt too. Man, I was stove up for 2 weeks. Lesson learned? My cat like reflexes are more sloth like and like Kevan said, the thing terrifies me!

Last edited by pale scotsman; 06-21-2005 at 07:35 AM.