View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 04:15 PM

Anti-sieze for certain. Don't pay for park or cycling stuff - just go to the local auto supply store and get good 'ole anti-sieze (you obviously don't need the high temp type - just the copper colored kind. I like it in a chap stick like tube - makes it easy to apply and works great.)

Ti-prep, park, etc... all are the same chit you pay 1/4 the price for at your local Advance Auto or Pep Boys... if you want to you can certainly pay the premium to have park written on the container... but if you look at what the LBS is using I'll bet they bought theirs from the auto parts store. As far as tape - I use both. Campy does mention blue loctite (or green) for chain ring bolts... but I am not sure I would be willing to have my Ti frame sieze using just loctite for the BB... for me its teflon tape and copper anti-sieze. Never hurts to remove your BB every year or so - just to be sure...

Haven't had any issues with the 3 Ti frames I have owned - but did find that teflon tape cures the annoying Ti creak that otherwise seems to be common with Ti frames.