View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post
"Lads, it's United - smoked again."
you guys beat me to it

one may say that performance by ManU was Spursy AF, but that'd require ManU to be actually leading at some point before losing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post
Totally agree that Mertens has proven his worth the past two years (was even better after Higuain left). And he played very well in the WC. I was afraid that he wouldn't re-sign as his wife didnt like the smog, but she apparently disliked China even more.
how bad is the smog in Naples? as you mentioned, can't be any worse than it is in China. they really ought to be wearing respirators while playing in China...

had an allergic reaction to the air last time I was in China. It wasn't even that bad, and I didn't engage in any exercise, but within one week, I thought I came down with a really bad cold. In reality, it was my lungs having issues with the particulates, despite wearing a respirator while outside...
Quote:
I was surprised that Reyna left Napoli to accept a backup role at Milan, but he is getting older so they went with youth - Meret is only 21 (unproven, but Conte liked him enough to add him to the WC qualification squad). He is now injured (but I do support the youth movement). So, Ochoa is now wearing the gloves. I didnt know much about him before this WC, but he had a nice run with a number of clean sheets.

Sarri still undefeated - they beat Newcastle and Benitez (who I think set Napoli back during his tenure).
Ochoa as in Memo Ochoa?

Oh my, where do i start. I think he's inconsistent, and he's never played at a high level club before. I believe that two years ago, his La Liga club got relegated...

Last edited by echappist; 08-27-2018 at 10:29 PM.