Thread: RGT Cycling?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 04:30 PM

Before I tried RGT, I hated to ride indoors. With RGT, I am motivated to ride much longer and harder. I actually enjoy it and am now tempted to buy a smart trainer.

I started using it a few weeks ago and have done a several races and group rides per week. There is a learning curve, and I needed to do a "drafting clinic" to hone my technique. There are a couple Facebook groups where questions, rides, and races are posted. (Personally, I wish they had a forum like vBulletin.)

The free version is fully functional, except it lacks the ability to create courses and select certain RGT courses. However, there are many group rides and races that take place on a huge variety of courses.

I haven't tried Zwift, but a common analogy I hear is "Zwift is like a video game and RGT is like a simulator". Zwift definitely has the advantage of number of riders, but RGT is growing and improving. Today, I rode in a weekly race series put on by a Slovenian club. We had ninety riders; each week the numbers increase.