View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 04:49 PM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by climbgdh View Post
3 of my bikes are outfitted with Campy 10s but I’m looking to “upgrade” to 11s or 12s on at least one of my rigs through the next couple of months. There are no issues with my 10s gear...... just looking for some newer shifty bits and selling my 10s gear here on PL. A few questions:

- i know 11s cassettes work with no issue on any of my 10s FHB’s but is the same also true for 12s?
- most of my stuff right now is either Record or Chorus and I’d probably be sticking with the same on this upgrade. 12s so far has only been available as Record or SR but looking on the Campy website it looks like Chorus is also available as 12s now..... maybe that’s new recently?
- any experience on 12s versus 11s on functionality and longevity? I don’t swap components or upgrade a whole bunch so looking for something with a LONG life. the 10s stuff has been flawless in that department.

Any comments appreciated. Thanks in advance.
-yes
-yes plus sub compact crank
-11s levers AND 12s very different innards than 10s. No shift springs or spring carrier to break. 12s is very new but should be on par with 11s, which has been out for a decade(2009 intro)...functionality? Flawless...Campagnolo makes small changes all the time they don’t yell about...11s and 12s works and lasts exceptionally well.
Like 9s and 10s and 11s and 12s, Campagnolo did it first, the others follow( except road Shimano, stuck in 11s and sram, ZERO mechanical 12s groups....oh well.

Last edited by oldpotatoe; 09-10-2019 at 04:52 PM.