View Single Post
Old 03-23-2023, 09:15 AM

I got one last fall partly after the last thread here.

I have a Hypervolt 2 I believe?

I am somewhat ambivalent. At at least 10x the price point of a foam roller I think it's a bad value relatively. FWIW I have 3 foam rollers.. and I know they have harder ones now so I kind of want to get a new one. The gym I go to has some black/blue speckled ones that are much harder than my black OTPT one. I've been using them so long now I always kind of crave the hardest one I can find.

It does provide a way to do parts of your body like traps or arms that don't work well with a roller. I find calves kind of hard to do with the roller as well.

But anything I can do with the roller I think the roller works better. It's still a heavier pressure, and it seems to take less time.

And unless you have someone else to operate the gun at least in my case I can get most of my back with the roller, whereas my arms don't really bend correctly to be able to apply the gun to most of my back.

If you follow the routines in the app you can easily be using the gun for 30 minutes to get the equivalent of 10 minutes or less with the roller.

It does seem to provide relief but I guess the question is whether it's temporary or it actually influences recovery. I feel like the roller really does impact recovery as opposed to just temporary relief.