View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrider View Post
But it's still better than leasing!!

So that Honda that I started the thread with was sold 2.5 years later with 250,000 miles.

Having bought it used in 2003 with 30,000 miles for $8500 and selling it for $2500.......it provided me with 12 years and 220,000 worry free miles as all I ever did to that thing was change the oil.......actually.......I take that back, I replaced the starter but that was the ONLY thing that ever went wrong with it.

In fact......I recall being on the highway at 70mph and next thing i knew the car lost 80% of it's power, started shaking violently, and every single light on the dash started flashing. Thinking something catastrophic had happened I parked it and had it towed to Honda. Couple days later Honda called me back and said "hey, so your main CPU that runs the entire car sh*t the bed and needed to be replaced.......however......there was a recall on this particular year for that particular issue and Honda has no record of you bringing your car in to get it replaced..........so they went ahead and replaced it for free.....you're good to go." (the car had 200,000 miles on it when it happend )

I think i stood there and starred at him for 5 minutes before i said anything.

But my point is, granted you might not get top dollar for it when it does come time to sell but if you're able to keep a car for THAT long and put THAT many miles on it then you're definitely coming out ahead.
So no timing belt change in 220000 miles...hmm