View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 09:23 AM
Strong Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by echappist View Post
I'm protesting clubs receiving material benefits from egregious human rights violations, not run-of-the-mill scumbaggery (e.g. tax-dodgers at the head of your club), and not clubs having an odd despicable fan.

And by connection to egregious human rights violations, I mean the likes of PSG-Qatari (slave labor), Real-Franco (Spanish Civil War and what followed), and Dinamo Berlin-Stasi (you probably know what they did better than I)
The tax evader did that as a private man, the club's been remarkably clean of that kind of behavior (though it wouldn'T surprise me if it did), especially compared to some other clubs they're competing with. Also, as opposed to others guilty of similar crimes, he served his sentence so his debt to society is paid according to civilised justice systems.
I didn't run an ethics check when i picked "my" team. I was 10 and they played amazing football at the time. I'm happy that, *when* i did check, they came out comparativly clean, even during the evil empires 12 year stint. And i'm proud that the central core of the supporter base lives up to that legacy.

Which club do you support btw? Lets see if it can survive the scrutiny.

Last edited by martl; 09-19-2019 at 09:35 AM.