View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron O View Post
Don’t understand signing Horford to 4 years on a team with Ben, Tobias and JoJo.
Horford was/is defensive kryptonite for bigs like Embiid. He's an effective floor spacer who can play the 4 alongside Joel, and his pick and pop game would work well with a Simmons Pick and Roll. I dunno if I'd want to be paying what they're going to pay into his mid 30s for a guy who's torn both pectorals in his career, but his a criminally under-rated do-it-all big who isn't insufferable like Draymond. Philly's approach seems to be hoping Simmons will start shooting perimeter J's, and bludgeon opponents to death with size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
So there is one major player who still has yet to sign (or even take meetings: Kawhi, and this is very on brand for him - "feeding frenzy? nah, I'll take my time.") and the following teams still have max-ish space left:

LAC: $55M
LAL: $32M
DAL: $30M
NYK: $30M

I don't think he's going to LAC, since there is no one left to team up with. LAL or return to Toronto for him.

If he doesn't go to LAL, I think the favorite in the West is... the Jazz? Conley/Mitchell/Bogdanovich/Jingles/Gobert is a tough crunchtime 5. Even if Kawhi goes to the Lakers, they are still paper thin after their best 3 players. Having 3 of the best 8 or so players in the league though, is amazing.
Favorite in the West has to be the Nuggets or the Blazers, no? Improved core with the Jazz or no, the Nuggets haven't done anything to get worse, while the Blazers have moved some pieces around and kept some core parts to the playoff run.

I still wouldn't rule out Kawhi signing with the Clippers for his own reasons. The guy's won two rings and two Finals MVPs with two different teams. He's a draw unto himself if he plants with the Clippers over the next 4-5 years. Who knows? He could find the media ecosystem around LeBron his own personal nightmare. He might hate the focus that'll come with the Lakers versus something more sedate with the Clippers.

As always with Kawhi, shoulder-shrug? I just can't wait to hear that weird laugh again.