View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGrider View Post
It feels like I'm in the minority of new bike buyers but I'd prefer to keep the cables outside the stem and headset also. Is there any technical reason a manufacturer couldn't give you the option of buying a frameset with one more hole in the fork and down tube?
Comes down to if they deem it worth the investment of doubling their SKUs. I highly doubt it's worth it to any manufacturer since integrated/hidden cabling is perceived as more "premium" and every size of frame will require at least another very expensive metal carbon mold and additional layup design. Just doesn't make economic sense for any frame manufacturer.

For custom carbon, like the Parlee supposedly is, it might be possible for an upcharge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGrider View Post
I've been looking for a modern bike with easy cable routing and slightly relaxed geometry that can take 32s with fenders but haven't had much luck.
Caledonia and Synapse seems pretty close to matching those criteria. Or the previous gen Endurace and Domane work as well. The Roubaix is close, and there are some people who just replace the futureshock with a solid piece to get rid of that extra complexity.