View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 12:38 AM

Not loving the PSAs

I don't know about most Paceline users, but I hit New Posts to check what's going on. And a lot of the time the majority of new posts are in the classifieds, and close to half of those posts are PSAs.

I get it - we all love bikes and like to live vicariously through our fellows. So when a bike just like the one we have and love comes up we want to tell people about it with a PSA.

But as a person who sometimes spends the time searching out a rare model or a good price, it is a bit annoying to do the work and then have someone with no skin in the game advertising what you're bidding on to a group of people who didn't care enough to search it out themselves, and who are suddenly bidding against you.

I can see liking PSAs if you're one of those people that wants to protect used bike prices, but they are just clotting the Classifieds. It's great to inform someone with a WTB about a deal you've seen, but as a general announcement; I don't know who is really benefiting, aside from the seller. Which is also ridiculous because if the seller wanted to post their ad directly on Paceline, we wouldn't let them, yet their ad can get reprinted here via PSA.

Last edited by Kontact; 01-13-2018 at 12:42 AM.