View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnniecakes View Post
Where I work part time I meet with many vendors of power transmission components. These include gears, belts, sprockets and chains. I ask every engineer of chain suppliers about wax as a lube. I have never had any engineer tell me that wax is an acceptable lube. Companies spend millions on research and development of lubrication products.

Please ride what ever you prefer but in all the professional opinions and data I have been provided with not using an actual chain lubricant is "waxing" nostalgic back to a time when there were not as many good options
Wax has been tested on bike chains to be just as slick and usually slicker than the best oils, even if only by a fraction. So knowing that it is just as fast , the real win then IMHO is the cleanliness of the wax. I love not having a grungy drivetrain, etc. I get that some people would think waxing a chain once every 1-2 weeks would be a pain, but some of us don't mind working on our bikes. And I've re-used my KMC quick links more times than I can remember.