View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post
Ref and VAR had a terrible game. The rule states that a handball must be a deliberate handling of the ball. Zielinski had his arm out fighting off the defender behind him. The ball was kneed up and under his arm. VAR confirmed.

2 other major occasions where the Ref didnt consult VAR: Mertens trip which resulted in a PK, and at the very end of the game Ribery was pulled down inside the box. Both major assists to Napoli so I am very happy, but clearly the lack of consistency will become a problem.
one should always be happy when one of the master of the dark arts get his comeuppance.

Quote:
The Viola's new owner (Columbia grad) was at the game. Their new shirts have his cable company's name on the front - I liked the old Save the Children kit.
i didn't know about this. Thanks for the info

-----------------------------------------------------------

btw, i've taken an interest in Union Berlin, who went up to the Bundesliga by scoring more away goals than the 16th place Bundesliga team

its fans literally paid with blood (money obtained by giving blood, donated to the club) and sweat (work to renovate the stadium) to keep the club alive and solvent. Quite a remarkable story in the age of soulless plastic clubs such as PSG and Sheiky.

Article here for those who prefer to read

and here for a well-produced short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53rVbJwMhYI