View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 05:13 AM

Nice Bike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Evans View Post
Yup! Finally out of the prototype stage and into production. Instead of focusing on making a specific eModel, we have instead focused on making an eUpgrade to any of our existing models. This one is a commuter.

eBikes are kind of polarizing to the cycling community but they do serve a purpose. They are efficient transportation. In this case, don't think of it as replacing a bike, but like replacing a car. Boston traffic can suck hard in a car. An eBike commuter makes it tolerable. Gotta run errands after work? No problem. Gotta find parking in Cambridge? No problem. All this during rush hour? No problem.

As someone with self diagnosed OCPD I appreciate the time and effort to get details nailed down right on Fireflys. And it carries over to the presentation, photos of your bikes are well done.

It may have been happenstance but I like the way the rear fender brace lines up with the top of the chain and again with the front fender brace. Nice bike and great pics.

As far as Ebikes go, I have been an advocate for cycling for along time and by telling people about cycling I found barriers that some couldn't overcome. Ebikes close at least one gap for some and I see it as a good thing.

It gets people out there with us who may not ever of have done it without this option. And having more people enjoying an activity we enjoy, even if it's a different way will provide benefits going forward. The more of us there are, assisted or not, the louder our voices will be for new laws and infrastructure plans.

I have always appreciated the work that Firefly puts out and I'm glad to see you continue to see cycling from a big and diverse perspective.