View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 09:36 PM

As an ex-Sacramento area (Rescue) cyclist I have my favorite rides and if I were going to host a visitor for a ride I would start in Folsom off the bike trail, ride up Folsom Crossing to Promontory Park then over the hill to Malcom-Dixon -- a nice easy climb -- to Green Valley Road and left onto Deer Valley Road. Enjoy the climb to the Rescue Fire Station and then onto Ponderosa to Meder Road wind your way through Cameron Park up and down Hollow Oak Drive to Bass lake, then down hill on Serano Parkway -- a fun descent -- and then up Wilson and find your way to Beatty for a speedy descent back to Promontory Park and then back to Folsom for a stop at Out of Bounds or Red Truck breweries and then back to the start point. You get some flats, some climbs and some nice scenery.

Brings back memories as I sit here in -20 degree weather after a ride on the trainer..... If you are looking for good ride ideas a former riding partner of mine might be a good source. You can find him on Strava -- Greg Call in Folsom. Greg rides a lot and he is a great guy who is connected with several riding groups in the area.

Last edited by metalheart; 01-21-2022 at 09:47 PM.