View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 10:34 AM
SageOfMilwaukee

Discounting a kid who raised money for something he didn't have to before he came into good fortune? Shame on me! Discounting a 16 year old for retweeting Tosh.0, I bet nobody else on earth has ever done that!

Not deflecting just stating the absolute truth. If it was $100 and not $3,000,000 we wouldn't be having this conversation and it would be back to arguing about Campy vs. Shimano.

Yes, if you view his retweets as mildly racist that is your right. If you view them as just another retweet on twitter that you didn't know or care about before someone started this thread, that is your right.

Digging deep into the past of anyone to make a name for yourself is shameful at best, but if you'd like to give the 'journalist' kudos for that too, be my guest.

Some things are more important than your political and human right opinions on if a tweet qualifies as 'World Ending Racist Behavior that will set us back 300 years' This was not that, and if you feel that way I recommend you talk to someone.

Overall, this sucks for everyone. Bad for the paper, bad for the kid who had the same judgement abilities as most of us at Age 16, and most of all bad for the state of Iowa with RAGBRAI losing some glitter. Spliting groups in half is exactly what this did, and RAGBRAI is just too cool of an experience to take away from.

/thread

Last edited by kppolich; 10-18-2019 at 10:44 AM.