View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 03:08 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickdoc View Post
but my conscience can't allow me to believe things that are unproven or illogical. I am terrible at maths but this math just doesn't work for me.
Quote:
I'm just not convinced. I love science, I love knowledge, I love learning, and I value education, but in this case You can't prove it.
Quote:
I am convincible and would love nothing more than to be convinced, I just haven't seen it yet. I am not a climate change outlier, just a very skeptical person.
If any of what you write above is true, I can, in ten minutes, tell you everything you need to know, if you have any basic grasp on three concepts:

1. How concentrations of substances increase in a closed system
2. The first and second laws of Thermodynamics
3. The carbon cycle and it's influence on the biosphere (the life-supporting part of the planet)

However, typing it all out would be tedious.... so maybe by fate we cross paths over beer.

OR

you could look up those concepts (since they are proven and logical) and since you love learning should be able to put it together and convince yourself in about 2 hours.

Just start here, and forgive me for the brevity: The biosphere is a closed system *as far as climate/photosynthesis/carbon go. Energy and matter are not created nor destroyed they are conserved *nothing "disappears". Matter always disperses from greater concentration to lesser - entropy *just cause you can't see it... Carbon is constant, but "locked" outside of the biosphere (in the lithosphere for example) until it is introduced into the biosphere by man (mining, petroleum etc.)...

yadda yadda, concrentrations, thermodynamics, the carbon cycle above^^^

Climate change.

If you disagree with the fundamental building blocks of science that have been proven, like gravity, while you might as well argue gravity too as Old Spud said.

Keep going....all the science is out there.

Last edited by rain dogs; 07-15-2019 at 03:12 PM.