Thread: "Experts"
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 12:21 PM

I don't get it. Skepticism that causes inaction is indeed a problem but to me it looks like the world has been made by people with a healthy skepticism of "the way things are". Making something new requires faith in the tools we have received and also a skepticism as to their completeness.

I do not deny the existence of bicycle tires. I buy them and use them. I do not refute all of the information about those tires, in fact I use that information to buy tires.

I also think we / I have a hilariously bad understanding of some of the most basic question one might ask about bicycle tires, like what is the ideal width tire for traveling on smooth tarmac.

My skepticism does not require I renounce tires or clothing or anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post

I like to tease the skeptics among my pals:

"Fine, if you truly believe what you believe, prove it! Go ahead and take off all your clothes and be completely naked, give up everything you have in possession, forget everything you know... because none of these would have existed if not because someone somewhere at some point in time questioned, "why not?!"... and more importantly, they didn't just stop there, they get to work instead of just talking like most of us do.