View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Like I'm the only one...

Yo Smiley bud I feel for ya. You're getting old! I got hit with back spasms July 4th. Twenty miles into a 40 mile ride we stop at a store and while outside I drop a gatorade top. Reach down for it and baaaaaaaammm it feels like I've been sucker punched in the lower back. I tell a friend that he make think I'm a wuss, but "I think I've screwed up my back."

Take the easy way, 10 mile ride home with a couple friends who were worried, groaning all the way on every bump. Ride 35 minutes home in the car and can barely get out. Pop a Tylenol 3 and call the ER to see what I can do.

Four hours later I'm dying. Only fat and out of shape people have this kind of stuff happen. I mean I reached for a freakin bottle cap. I exercise, I do all types of core exercises exactly so this won't happen. Hell, I can do 20 pull-ups @ 205lbs and hold a bridge for a few minutes. But it did. It took 2 weeks for the pain and spasms to let up. It hurt so bad I went to the ER that day, convinced I'd ruptured or herniated a disk. Doc slips me some flexiril and that hot redhead nurse gives me a shot in the butt. I'll never forget her telling me to unbutton my pants. Never.

I haven't brought this up because when I logged onto the forum later that day and read that Dennis Cotcamp had died I decided I didn't have it that bad.

You'll be back on the bike in no time Sir Smiley. Just lay off the crap TV and try ta learn sumpin!

Last edited by pale scotsman; 08-05-2005 at 08:55 PM.