Thread: Garmin Edge 800
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 01:36 PM

I think the 705 is great

I love my 705. The training features are excellent as it pairs with my power meter and I can create then upload interval workouts in Garmin Training Center and download results into WKO+. The fact that I can run an interval workout without having to touch a button, except the start button, is a super nice feature. The ability to program so many data screens (power, heart rate, speed, cadence, time, lap average power, max power) lets me see how badly I suck in multiple ways in real time on the bike.

The mapping to me is also super functional and one of the best features. When my wife and I have travelled with our bikes to places we have never been before, I have mapped out routes in both MapSourse and on ridewithgps.com and downloaded them onto the 705. It works really well. Plus, if you want to deviate from the plotted route because you see a nice road you want to explore, the unit recalculates to get you back on track. We also use it driving in the rental car and walking around cities as well.

My experience is that both the fitness, mapping, uploading and downloading features of the 705 work really well. I am always surprised at people’s complaints that it is not functional or it is too big and clunky to have on their stem.