View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
The “X” factor is Curry. He’s a revolutionary player, in so many ways. His training regimen is “must see TV” for a fitness junkie and personal trainer such as myself: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M0FwbaLVHpg
The proprioceptive stuff he does is amazing. I’ve borrowed some of those “progressive imbalance” stuff for my clients. One-legged stuff with physio balls, med balls and basketballs in different sequences.

His athleticism is unique in that in doesn’t manifest itself in overt physical cues. LeBron looked like a God the minute he stepped on the court. Curry looked like a 98 pound weakling. But his hand/eye coordination is off the charts. The closest analogy I can think of is Brady. His TB12 stuff is kind of cultish, but the concept of “pliability” has serious merit. Brady doesn’t “look” the part of the GOAT, but he is.

A good, light read on Curry’s continued output: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sfc...n-15940903.php

As for the rest of your contentions: all depends on how you define “salad.” If you’re defining the salad as the main meal, complete with Beluga caviar, truffles, and finely aged balsamic vinegar ... then no. But as a pretty good “house salad” for the next several years - enough to keep the Chase regulars satiated - I would think so.
There are no Chase regulars. They had four months of god awful basketball because everyone was hurt, then the season shut down and decamped for the summer/fall bubble.

The tech bros want to see the Death Lineup out there like it's 2015 before they hit the Caltrain back to Santa Clara. That's what got the arena built. What made the fanbase the fanbase was abandoned at Oracle for luxury box money in Mission Bay.

Father time's undefeated, great workout regimen or no. Curry's missed significant time because of his ankle as recently as 2017. Klay's coming back from a torn ACL. Draymond is clearly declining -- and his ceiling was the lowest of the group as it was. They're all over 30 now.

Those three guys won't be playing together in two years. Wiggins and Wiseman are 26 and 19, they're not going anywhere. Curry's the face of the franchise, he's staying even though his contract is up in 2022.

But we've seen the Ghost of Christmas future this year, assuming they ditch Klay. Curry has to play out of his mind, old Draymond has to show up in spurts, Wiggins becomes more consistent and Wiseman matures, and it's a .500 ballclub. If they ship out Draymond -- which we've seen in spurts this year -- the defense becomes a sieve and they fall apart.

Both Klay and Draymond are under contract through 2024. Who's more palatable to pay as a 35 year old? $43 million to Klay or $27 million to Dray? Neither seems particularly appealing, and none of that combo gets "Chase regulars" hyped.