View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltopperny View Post
We have a thread for titanium and carbon bikes, so why not a thread of mixed material bikes as well? I have only test ridden a Nove and enjoyed the feel of it. Ever since then I have wanted to try out a ti/carbon mixed frameset.

I found one that was very unique and looked to be a good fit. I'd like to see what the rest of the folks here have in the mixed materials realm! Post em up!

I was so close to buying that from them a couple of times, but I wanted the red switched to blue and so couldn't afford it.

Beautiful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickdoc View Post
Used to hate the thought and look of mixed material bikes...and now I have two of ‘em and love them both!

Colnago ct1:
Gorgeous, and very likely built by the fellow who built Hilltopperny's new bicycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1850 View Post
Early Pinarello Prince.

Gorgeous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srcarter View Post
1999ish Pinarello Opera - Steel frame with carbon seat stays and fork. This was a great bike (though always has been a bit small for me (hence the setback and stem). Will be hitting CL this weekend in the interest of N-1...

Gorgeous x 2, just superb. I really love those pre-Onda Pinarellos.

And, no, carbon forks, cork tape, alu posts, ti bolts, Alcantara saddle covers, etc...don't count as "mixed materials".