View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontact View Post
On your current bike you have the seat post turned around, which accounts for about 5cm, plus the saddle slid all the way forward for another 8cm. Your fit has what appears to be normal set back, which is pretty much removing that 8+5=13cm of forward saddle position.

That has nothing to do with frame angles, which can only really account for 1cm of set back.

So I don't understand how going from a bike with a lot of forward saddle position, a 56cm TT and 9cm stem to one with a 54cm TT and normal set back isn't changing your reach to the handlebars by 10cm or so.
I think you are overestimating the change in setback. According to Thomson, their layback posts provide only 16mm of setback, so turning it around is a difference of only 32mm. And from the photo provided of the saddle and seatpost, centering the saddle on the rails only moves the saddle about 25mm compared to fully forward on the rails in the photo. So the difference in setback would be only about 57mm, not 130m.

Still, that's quite a large change in setback in anybody's book. I agree that there's something else going on here apart from a degree or two difference in seat tube angle. Was the same saddle used by the bike fitter that you currently have on your bike? A vastly different shape/length saddle could produce a large difference in setback. Different length cranks could also change the setback a bit, but usually by less than 10mm.