View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBike View Post
It is beyond me why anybody cares what preference of brake types a bike fitter has.
I know, right? Literally has no bearing on fit! That's the genius of this scapegoat excuse to have a good-'ol fashioned, rim/disc brawl. We will get nowhere, say the same stuff, and change nothing. Pretty much a placebo for a political debate (not allowed to have). Could of told you this thread would have nothing to do with bike fit before I clicked into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Things got out of hand the last time the "rim vs disc" horse was beaten.
Here's how it goes. There are three or four types of posts in these threads.

1.) I like rim brakes but you may prefer disc brakes. That's cool. Let's go ride.

2.) I won't stop arguing until you agree my brake choice is THE RIGHT CHOICE! Argument/Rebuttal/Argument/Rebuttal/etc.

3.) Let's parse this out and look at the facts. There may be people who are generally not fully aware of what they are getting, and I have much experience to offer to people in the market faced with this decision.

4.) Is there a conspiracy?!?! Is this to get us to spend money on something pointless?!?!?! Can I believe the marketing/anti-marketing that the forks are stiffer/bikes are heavier/maintenance is not expensive/ rim brakes will cause me to crash/disc brakes will cause me to crash (DurianRider, always a laugh)/bikes are overbuilt?/ are aero claims rubbish?/ Are bike weights pointless?/ (In eyes of bike companies) Is money/value no object??

All this and more can be yours, for the low low price of click on this thread