View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 06:23 PM

Very sad to hear. Guess they rode off into the sunset?
I really don't see the appeal or attraction to electric cars. I hate charging my bike computer, lights, phone, etc. It's inconvenient yet a necessity. Better than batteries I guess. But with a car like this, it's regularly being charged when not in use. That's inconvenient. Not to mention, that energy to charge the car came from somewhere. A coal plant, a gas plant, a nuclear plant, wind power, or a hydroelectric dam. Somewhere a fossil fuel was consumed in order to create energy. Somewhere nature was harnessed to create power. With more electric cars, we will increase the demand on all these plants. And they want to reduce emissions, or demand on those plants too? Then fewer people will be "driving" and more will be walking/biking. Guess we'll be walking to grammys for Christmas?
And then there's Tesla's heavily government subsidized business model. People paying taxes so the government can hand out subsidies to those buying an electric car. Pathetic. I'm just going to keep shaking my head and remain content with my Civic.

Last edited by sipmeister; 11-16-2017 at 06:26 PM. Reason: typo