View Single Post
Old 02-17-2024, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McM View Post
I don't know about the TRP RRL levers, but the Cane Creek SCR-5 levers are basically copies of the 1st generaton Campagnolo Ergo levers (without the shifting guts of course), and even include a Campagnolo-esque quick release buildt-in. If your hands like 1st generation ergo levers, these feel the same.

I'm using Cane Creek SCR5s on my fixed gear bike. They're made by Tektro as noted, but CC supply their own hoods which are far superior. I wore out Tektro rubber hoods in under 2 years and cannot source replacements, and they're crap anyway. Trust me, CC are superior. Have also mounted Shimano levers and found them perfectly average in terms of function, but note, they're lighter, levers are thinner and flex appreciably, and the body is thinner and smaller. If you like something to wrap your hands around when climbing out of the saddle and with a good transition to the bar then CC with the wide 'Campagnolo styled body' is for you.

On balance then, Cane Creek, because Tektro rubbers are heinous, they malform, wear out and tear.