View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonguy001 View Post
Yes and Yes...
Limiting the local/state tax to 10k (useless now) is brutal but I knew it was coming.

Blindly leaving my withholding as it was (married zero with a few thousand extra withheld) was just plain stupid. I’m not sure sure how the IRS figures the amount out but I need to increase significantly for 2019, 2018 will be the most I’ve ever owed. I have to believe I’m not the only one in this position.
You’re not...there are a lot of clear winners, and a lot of clear losers. Many are getting to the same place via a different route.

My (limited) understanding is that they played some heavy politics with the withholdings to try and sell this plan.

All I can say is vote. Every time. Not just federal elections. Donate money to candidates you like, even in other states. Write letters. We get the government we deserve.

I could go on and question the need for the stimulus portions of this policy during a period of sub-0 unemployment, or ask why we’re further limiting economic expansion with these truly moronic immigration nativist policies. Geee - this all isn’t going to result in massive inflation in a couple of years...and the next admin. has to look at stimulus from a lower platform.

This has been short term, idiotic, policy.

Last edited by Aaron O; 01-20-2019 at 08:06 AM.