View Single Post
Old 06-16-2022, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz4231 View Post
I just picked up a used 2021 Scott Addict with SRAM Force AXS 2x12. And I have to admit that I’m not completely blown away by the system as much as I thought I would be. To clarify, The bike is in fantastic condition and the parts are in excellent shape with low miles.

Like others said, on paper it’s a great concept. I actually really like the shift logic and the layout of the paddles. Wireless is brilliant as far as set up. (Frankly, I really don’t understand why we’re not already running disc brakes by wire with little hydraulic reservoirs at the calipers now that component makers have made the leap to electronic shifting). That’s a different thread though, I’m sure.

Now, I’ve been riding Campy on most of my bikes since my teens. This is the late 80s. My first Campy group was the original Athena kit. My most recent bike before the Scott was a Serotta with 2010 Campy Record 11speed. I bought it around 2011 and still have it for comparison. Full disclosure is I’m a Campy fan and still love the Record group set. It’s still fast and clean shifting, braking is tight and the drivetrain is dead quiet, (not withstanding the magical buzz from the freehub body).

The Force group set has worked flawlessly since I got it. So no complaints. However, I just don’t feel it’s as refined or dialed in precise as my older Campy Record group. The SRAM drive train seems to make more noise and has more friction while riding. I have to say that I can fully chalk it up to still learning the nuances of the group and getting it dialed in perfectly. But I can’t get past that my initial impression is that it’s just not as buttery smooth. Waiting to put on more miles before passing complete judgement though.
Forgot to mention that the Campy ergonomics are superior in my opinion.