View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 07:35 PM

I have to agree with steve...

There's other issues aswell... condition is one of them but here you are dealing with people that has, had and will have at some point whatever the high end word means.

EM, De Rosa, Colnagos and every high end american builder are bread and wine of every day supper here, so is not like the guys havent seen or will drool about it so much that they will drop a couple of grands into something that they know they will see again at some point.

Guys have their bucket lists and if what is there for sell is not appealing visually (or needs a lot of money to get it right) the guys will sit and will wait because as i said before... at some point something will show up in the right condition for the right numbers.

We have seasons too, like 2 months ago was EM day after day and the stuff was sitting there, other times had been De Rosas, then TItanium american builders and so on and so far.

So at the end is... $ and Condition or the things will sit there... ebay is the same, buyers know that at some point the right numbers and condition will show up.

We havent done stats about the brands he own.... would be interesting to see that from the whole universe of forumites like 70% has an EM for example.

If you want to sell stuff sometimes you have to throw freebies as incentive, that works IMO, but from there to get all the money put in a bike since day one is just impossible because we (i dare to use the word WE) dont care about that because we are in the same boat... neither care about the sentimental value nor about if rare or not, as i said before something could be really rare outside the forums or in the street, but here is bread of every day.

In general lines as steve said... if something is sitting is because the numbers are wrong, condition is wrong or just nobody needs it which is the case sometimes but if the number is right the impulsive buyers will jump to those items right away even if they do not need it or even if is the wrong size.

Last edited by ultraman6970; 12-06-2019 at 07:37 PM.