View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 08:54 PM

PowerTap P1 Dual Sided / Garmin /Lezyne

Need some input on some pairing quirks. I recently switched from crank based power to P'Tap dual sided pedals. Additionally, I'm migrating away from Garmin head units and thought I'd try a Lezyne Super GPS head unit. I've been able to pair the pedals to both head units (running parallel for a few rides to compare).

My problem - The Garmin is reading consistent power numbers from the pedals that I was obtaining from my Power2Max. The Lezyne is reading nearly exactly half of the wattage. Gone back and checked set up process on Lezyne - all seems good.

Now, I have gotten a message on the Garmin at start-up that it's not reading right pedal. I understand that the right transmits to left, and left to head unit. If the right isn't transmitting, that should only cause the readings to not be accurate from a L/R balance - but the wattage should be valid for left pedal.

The pedals have the green sensor that flashes when they become active, however, I noticed no green light on right pedal (going to swap battery to see if this is a problem). Even if the right pedal isn't transmitting, I find it hard to believe that the Lezyne would be reading just half the power.

Ultimate goal - functional pedal(s) and accurate data from Lezyne (my Garmin has a habit of dropping power and it is 5 years old). Any tips would be appreciated.