View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 10:18 AM
Kind of OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Fattic View Post
What size is your frame? My frame building buddy Rich Gangl keeps bugging me to sell him my 54. It was the frame he started racing on. If he can't find one, he is going to make a replica. Of course his replica will be a lot nicer.

Besides the tools Old Potato showed, Campy made the ultimate quality shop tool just to take off their fixed cups. This tool is not to be confused with the standard flat tool that comes in a 3 piece set. The handle even has flats so it can be put into a bench vise so the entire frame can be used as leverage. Campy also made cheater extensions for not only that tool but their frame prepping tools as well.

Since I am a painter as well as builder, I have loved having it hanging on the wall for just those occasions like yours. I wonder if some shop or painter has one near you?
It's a 60 C-T, which also makes it a hard sell. Also, it's a Mondonico rather than a Confente.
The Masi GC was always a grail bike for me, but I have never really appreciated "looking over riding", so hanging non period parts on it and riding the 5#!+ out of it is going to happen. If I break it, as my wife says..."That's what makes an antique special".