View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemondvictoire View Post
Hi, Yes that can be a problem if you are riding for time on our double being the 3rd Stage of California Triple Crown Stage Race. For me on large double century events... there can be a line for restroom , filling water bottles, and food. Then time to add sunscreen & butt butter... There are times I have some food in my pocket and be eating while waiting in line. Some riders can get in and out of a rest stop in 5 minutes.. Usually takes me 10+ minutes...
There's a simple solution that I've suggested to the ride director in the past, and will do so again this year - make sure the number takers are at the entry of rest stops so riders skipping those stops can just yell out their number as they roll by. Then put the double century table (with the hammer stuff) right at the entrance with water so those racing that do stop can get in and out quick. In prior years (even stage race years), the number taker has been sitting at the double table which was set up at the very back of the rest stop.., then there's a line 10 deep to get water. Those kind of stops can mean the difference between a 1 min stop vs. a 10 min headache.

Other than that, I love this ride