View Single Post
Old 04-23-2024, 05:06 PM
Back At It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo251 View Post
FWIW, I have lived in the Northern Valley for most of my life, from as far south as west Salem/Monmoth to as far North as Jantzen beach to east to Gresham and west to McMinnville.

My two cents is coming from Sonoma, your not going to like any of the 6 places you mentioned unless you like a lot of gray/gloom/rain/moss/mold etc. Literally from Mid Oct through May. That said all of the places are green and beautiful although too populated.

Have you considered Oregon east of the cascades? Or Sothern Oregon south of Roseburg?
You will find better climate in Southern Oregon. Housing is still decent as far as affordability and less people overall.
appreciate the insight for sure, thanks!

I spent 3 yrs in the Bremerton area a few years back and have spent a total of 6 yrs (3 yrs each) on Kodiak Island in Alaska, so, hopefully, the gray/gloom/rain won't be too much of a shock..

as far as eastern Oregon (or eastern WA with the exception of Spokane).. well, from what I can tell from talking to folks and reading, looking at voting maps, etc.. not sure that's the political climate for my family.. we considered Ashland/Medford, but it looks to get quite a bit of snow in the winter and I have zero use for snow..

our oldest has settled in Olympia, WA (for now anyway, maybe going to Bremerton), so we are probably set for the PNW..