View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benb View Post
There are a lot of other sports with an issue too.

Women's Lacrosse drives me nuts every time I see them. The men wear helmets. Women have different contact rules, and someone thinks helmets aren't sexy. (I bet this came from a man, not a woman deciding this.)

They say the contact rules mean no need to wear helmets.

My wife played Lacrosse through College and had... wait for it... 4 Concussions.

At least one of those concussions she was going to class for a week or more confused with obvious brain injury symptoms.

She totally buys into the whole "Sports are everything" mentality on campus so she brushes this all off. It does make me wonder what happens when we're 70 years old though. She already forgets a LOT more stuff than I do. She can't necessarily do anything but brush it off anyway cause if something is lurking the damage was done a long time ago.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6094348/

I think Florida FHSAA is the only state requiring helmets HS GLAX. I think Brown was experimenting with helmets last year in practice, but it looks like the women decided to remain traditional.

The study above says wlax is second only to football. (although I find this hard to believe )