View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowgram5 View Post
I had a buddy with a lathe cut back the relief for me on my spider. Have yet to buy to gs and mount it up, but it worked! Glad to see this done by someone else!
Awesome, glad to see there are others out there who saw the same problem/solution. Will you also be running a 32t or is there something smaller out there that works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHAero View Post
I had to do some filing IIRC to get a 46T TA chainring to fit a Campy Record 11 compact crankset. And also to fit some Shimano MTB chainrings on a SRAM spider when doing the Mark McM hack for my Litespeed. When confronted with an interference, it's always worth looking very carefully, as you have done, to see if minor tweaks will let the bits fit together. It's annoying that manufacturers in some cases are making these items ever so slightly different so they won't be interchangeable. I get it that Praxis has gotten a 32T to fit where the next smallest compact 110 BCD ring is a TA 33T.

Thanks for posting.
Agreed. It would've been nice if the Praxis spider mounted up to SRAM, but of course the spider cutouts are different shapes to account for the shapes of the crank arms...