View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I got my Juin-Tech F1 brake calipers yesterday, 10 days after ordering them on eBay. Installation was easy, but the stiff yokozuna cables are a bit of a challenge. The calipers need to be installed first, using fingers to squeeze the lever arm and clamp the pads against the rotors to align the caliper while tightening the mounting bolts. Then comes the challenge of getting the stiff cable housing into the cable stop on the caliper. Once that's done you're home free. Putting the cable housing into the caliper first is much easier but the caliper will never align properly when being pushed by the stiff cable housing.

There's some dry road after Sunday's snow, so I went out to bed in the brake pads. I soon found out that it was easy to lock up a rear tire, so I'll have to learn to squeeze the rear lever more lightly.

I hope to go on a real ride soon, with the bike complete.

I found that the calipers use Shimano M775 style, pre 2011 pads. The only swissstop pads made in a 16 style have the disc C compound. I'm looking for other options and see galfer, Kool stop and miles all sell that style of pad but have no idea what might be the best option. Of course shimano has replacement pads too.
Love to hear your opinion of the frame and ride. Had a chance to ride?