View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmalwo View Post
Guys, I'm about to head over to Japan and thinking about biking around Japan with a road bike. This would be my first time doing multiday rides involving sleeping outside etc... I don't have a fancy Ti touring bike or a touring bike at all but I do have 2 choices of bikes, a Steel colnago with campy mechanical and alloy wheels or a carbon bike with di2 and carbon wheels. Japan is a safe country so something like my bike being stolen while I go in to the convenience store is not a problem there. lack of rear end bag carry system means I would have to carry everything on my back. a top tube bag is not and option since I don't want neither the colnago nor the carbon one to get scratched. is it possible to do something like this on a road bike carrying everything in person? what are the options if I want to attach a luggage carrying system on a road bike? neither bikes fit 28mm tires so would my butt be pulverized?

Just buy a used trailer and tow your stuff. Sell it when you are done.
That way you can carry the stuff you will probably need/want. Most tow very nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk