Thread: Flying sucks!
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 02:00 AM

Flying sucks!

So my Aunt passed away. I don't have a huge family, thus it is important for me to go to the family only funeral. Of course, this means short notice flight from East Coast to Seattle... Right. Freaking fortune. Almost 900 bucks unless I want to take a cattle carrier and have 3 stops with multiple hour layovers each stop... What the hell? So I am paying out the you know what because it is a last minute ticket - but pay for aisle and window seats? FOR EACH HOP? Pay for luggage on top? Not even ONE bag? I was going to bring my Serotta and ride along the coast... Not at that cost. For the love of God, I can fly to Europe for less...

I haven't flown 'commercial' air in a LONG time. I used to fly all of the time. This is nuts.

Just to be clear, I fly often enough in medevac's - but the rules are different. We don't even use the same entrances to any airport. I digress... God I hate flying cattle cars... It would have been nice to have a bike to ride for a quick ride or two. I guess it will be my feet and the smell of paper mills... Gotta love Everett...

So - Can I or Can't I lower my chair? I don't want to start a riot.