View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stackie View Post
Seriously though, back on topic.

I would opine that the professional nature and quality of the La Marzocco machine will make it a forever machine. With decent care, service, and maintenance it should be the last machine you ever need to buy. As far as shot quality goes, I think you could get the same shots from an Alex Duetto or Rocket Rocket R58. But for roughly 1500 more you are getting a shop quality machine.

I don't think you would regret the Linea mini. Not one bit

I think I did know at one time that you were an espresso fanatic. I don't know how you've gone six months without a machine.

Jon
I've had my Alex Duetto II for more than 5 years (make 3 shots per day). Never had it serviced. Works perfectly. Cannot imagine for the amount of use it gets that it will need much servicing.

Also, since I have had both my Versalab and Duetto now for that much time, I am sooooo dialed in with both of them. Can go from one companies beans to the next with just a couple of experimental shots. Sometimes not even that.

I use Klatch, Redbird, Metropolis and Counter Culture beans. Oh, and there is a local place or 2 that I might buy from if I am in the area.