View Single Post
Old 10-24-2022, 09:18 PM
Riding Along

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganDave View Post
Hey all - came across this thread in my own (failed) efforts to upgrade my drivetrain.

Had been eyeing the Centaur 11 shifters, only Campy shifters I can order currently in Victoria, BC, and put out an ISO for Campy parts, and a friend messaged he had an 11sp Chorus derailleur, so I got my shop to order the shifters, put it all together and boo..

At first I thought I had been sent 12sp by accident, as there was an 'extra' click. Then I realized it's just jumping a whole sprocket. (Leaving an extra 'click' either at the top or bottom, depending on cable tension.)

Started doing some reading, and then also learned there's pre- and post-2015 Campy 11sp. FFS. The derailleur is pre-2015. (Not that it matters in this instance.)

And then I saw that Centaur isn't compatible with anything else. And I can't get a Centaur rear mech anywhere - ironically I got a notification a few days ago from CRC that it was back in stock, and visited the page minutes later, but I guess I missed it.

So...trying to find out what other options I have. I came across this chart that lists shifter pull lengths, etc, etc:

http://blog.artscyclery.com/science-...compatibility/

You can see some mixing and matching is possible. Guessing it refers to pre-2015, but doesn't help a ton with more modern shifters but it's a step.

So bottom line is: is there another derailleur that could work decently with Centaur 11? Thanks for any advice!!!
Everything you have should be working together. Centaur is cross compatible and the pre and post 2015 stuff does work ok when paired. I suspect that it is set up incorrectly.