View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 08:55 AM

I guess I misunderstood if it does have a damper.

For such small travel the air damper can probably work pretty well.

The damping is important IMO though when the fork travel is so close to the amount of compression the tire itself can have if this is going to end up on a gravel bike with a 40mm tire. The fork starts to need to provide the damping to dampen out the tire bouncing.

I had a shock that worked like this years ago. It was pretty finicky I guess, and the all air setup was pretty problematic from a reliability standpoint.

It does really seem like this is going to come down to how well it actually works, cause even at the relatively light weight it still seems like a big weight penalty compared to an all carbon rigid bike.

I had never really given much thought to why inverted forks haven't hit big in cycling, I don't know if it's really a cost thing since they've been so successful on motorcycles. And a lot of the motorycles that have them are fairly weight weenie in the grand scheme of motorsports. It's still just a big difference in weight as a priority versus suspension quality as a priority though.

The inverted fork reduces unsprung mass by a huge amount, which might help a lot in a case like this fork.