View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 04:27 AM
ZhugeLiang

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikaner View Post
It was a nice lively ride thanks to being steel, but sizing was the issue. It had a compact wheelbase which made it nimble, if not a bit squirrely and toe overlap was noticeable. In the end it was a size too big for me but it took me a few bikes to realize it. The stack is pretty high so you end up with a really upright riding position even with a slammed stem. A 54 would have fit better, but probably would have made the toe-overlap worse.

I didnt ride it long as a I got a Trek 1.1 that I rode for about a year and eventually got some steel vintage bikes (actually a lot...LOL). Currently my primary rides are an Emonda ALR Disc (54cm) and Merling Agilis (Med).

Overall, I would place the Jamis as being a bit springy, yet compliant. Its comfortable (if sized right) but can still be nimble.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
"once upon a time in Hollywood" pal,
Thank you for your detailed response. I too have a Jamis quest. It's definitely more suited for older folks who like to sit more upright because of their back or deteriorating flexibility. But the legendary magic carpet ride you get out of steel is unmistakable.
By the way, my current ride is also a Merlin Agilis (M/L). I love that bike!