View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 10:03 AM
its just a bike right

rabs-hey i was thinking about you on the road....wasn't sure what you looked like but looked for the crossing paths....also had my eyes out for dave on his new rig....sorry to hear you guys cut it short but it's awesome to just be over in the beautiful countryside... i think the 90 hour took a toll on people some others i knew had to bail because of there bodies were just worn down from the miles and the cold.. since dealing with the rain and cold throughout the night...we did the 84 and i'm glad we did...much better starting off in crappy weather during the daylight....i almost didn't bring my rain pants and did at the last minute and pimped out my fenders to keep my feet dry and the water out of my friends eyes...it was amazing seeing people stand out in the rain at night and cheer you on....and the kids were awesome. on the way back from brest there was this little girl handing people flowers as they would pass...and i must have given 20 or more high fives as we passed kids along the route..well maybe i'll just see you guys down the road somewhere else.....

peter good job on riding it fixed. it wasn't exactly an easy course....my buddy i rode with did it fixed... me i opted for a freewheel and did it single speed...congrats to all who made it over to the start and to the finish.....cheers....dave