View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 01:22 PM

I'm on my 4th season with my Edge 1000.. it probably hasn't given me an issue in 2 years.

Maybe a couple issues last year but they were probably my fault with building routes. REALLY minor compared to stuff that happened in the past.

Took them a while but the current firmware has been really solid for a long time now.

Uploads to Garmin Connect are lightning fast compared to the past too. Usually my activities are uploaded and ready to view on Garmin Connect, Strava, and Training peaks before I get my helmet & gloves off and take the GPS off the bars.

I wouldn't wish a Google bike GPS on anyone. You think Garmin is bad... Garmin has had some poor software quality in the past but they value you as a paying customer. Google would not view you as a paying customer if they shipped a GPS. It would be broken and they wouldn't care, they'd stop updates really fast. There would be no tech support, they'd expect other customers to provide that for free on a forum they setup. The amount of money required for google to give a damn about support in the long run is orders of magnitude more than a bike GPS costs. Only way they'd do it is if it showed ads while you're riding. Google has some enterprise products.. they treat you like cr*p even when you're spending 6-figures a month with them. It is slowly getting better over the past 10 years but we're talking slowly, and that's for customer paying absolute megabucks compared to consumer products.

Last edited by benb; 09-20-2019 at 01:27 PM.