View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhuerta View Post
...but how did you mock up needed stack for your fit without the build sheet? Also, it appears in you first post you were comparing top tube lengths without knowing the HTA and STA angles. Headtube length and top tube length cannot be compared across two frames without knowing BB drop, HTA and STA. You need stack and reach #s in order to make real fit comparisons.
I'm not saying I had it down to an exact science, but basically I eyeballed and sat on (before installing cables/etc.) my Moots with the new fork installed and uncut, and with the stem put where it would be given the HT on the MeiVici. The Moots HT is 18.5, the MeiVici HT is 24. Based on what the owner told me, it doesn't have anything whacky-custom done to it - just a "fondo" height HT and level TT.

Of course it felt different having the bars up 5cm - not bad, just different, and the reach still seemed good. It felt like I remember the Domane feeling - which makes sense since the HT + HS cup on that brings it to within 1-2cm of what this would be.

I'd probably do fine with the frame. I think it'd fit well - and I have no reason to expect it wouldn't be a good setup in the carbon - the guy is/was the same weight as me and had this designed and built for the same thing I'm looking for - an alternative to my race-position bike, but not something slow.

I just have to decide tomorrow if I want to gamble on it, or save the scratch for a disc something or other.