View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
Ditto on the house brands, some decent stuff. They have a good mix of name brand and house brand consumables with great prices.
ditto again, I got a pair of house brand Nashbar Flume MTB shorts and they are the best shorts I've ever bought for less than 1/2 the price of the cheapest name brand (on sale of course), and it had very high reviews.

Their in house brand label is getting better as time goes on, I bought a pair of shoes from them about 8 years ago and they were just so so, but I used them for commuting so it wasn't a big deal; but later I paid about $75 more than for the Performance brand and got a pair of Mavic's and they too were just so so; but the when I got the Nashbar Flume shorts last year I was very happy and still am with those. I also read that their bibs got very high ratings, and they beat out much more expensive bibs for less cost than any brand bib.

If you read the reviews on their stuff you can weed out the so so stuff from the good stuff, like their socks get rave reviews. Some areas of cycling you can save a ton of money and never notice you bought something inexpensive instead of expensive, jerseys, socks, outer shorts, etc are huge areas you can save money.