View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbikerider View Post
If I remember correctly, My first car, a 1973 Cutlass, needed 8 plugs, points and condenser every year or 12k, maybe $20. My 2018 Subaru had its 4 plugs replaced at 60k last year. Not even counting inflation, the current plugs at $10 each are much cheaper in the long run.
Just make sure you get good plugs. Many years ago a friend brought over a car to my house and asked me to tune it up. I replaced the plugs, points, condenser, and rotor. Couldn’t get it to start?! I did checked everything like three times and nothing worked?! He was mad and yelling at me!

Finally I put back in his old parts and Varoom, the car started right up! I asked him what kind of parts did you buy?! He bought the cheapest stuff from the old Grand Auto?! I’m like that stuff is junk! Nobody uses that crap…I told him take his crap and get out. Haven’t seen him since.

Moral story - get good OE or OEM parts! If you’re buying spark plugs look for brands like NGK, Denso, Bosch and a few others. But I think most ICE cars these days use iridium plugs, which can last 100k miles! But it has been a while as my Tesla doesn’t need this stuff…lol

Good Luck!

Last edited by bfd; 04-20-2024 at 03:45 PM.