View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 08:55 PM
Litespeeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_douglas
Hi there -

I am wondering if anyone out there owns a Potts ti road bike? I am planning to buy my first ti frame and want something nice, and perhaps a bit unusual. I have heard great things about his WTB mountain bikes, but wonder what his ride bikes are like. Also, does anyone know the cost for a straight up ti road frame? His website doesn't appear to have those details.

Thanks for any insight...
I really went through the same thing a few years ago. There are a fair number of good Ti builders out there and IMO the best Ti frame are built right here in the good ole USA. After an exhaustive six month search for the perfect Ti frame, the choice was obvious to me - Moots Vamoots SL 6/4 Ti. There are other nice bikes out there like the Legend Ti and others. But the Vamoots SL is just in a league of it's own. The build quality, the racing geometry and the ride quaility of Moots really put other Ti frame builders on the defensive. I'm sure that this Potts guy builds some nice frame. But, Moots is just a cut above everything else out there when it comes to Ti.

Test ride them all and then test ride a Moots Vamoots SL. Once you do the choice will be obvious.