View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTuck View Post
Let's look at something like Offensive Holding. This is against the rules, yet many players do it during the game. Should we deem them all cheaters? Some get away with it, some get caught and are penalized. Do you cast dispersions on those players that are caught, like they lack integrity?

Or how about a player that takes a cheap shot, trying to injure another player (cough, Ndamukong Suh). Or a team that implements a system to reward players that injure the other team? Or is that just 'playing the game hard'?

Or, like the clip above describes, Aaron Rodgers, who intentionally over-inflates the balls? Lack of integrity? Trying to get every advantage he can?

Yeah, Belichick made a mistake, and he was punished severely for it based on league rules. I don't see how that is that much different than an offensive lineman trying to hold a rushing defensive player to get an extra second to let his QB complete a pass. Both are infractions of the rule, both are punished proportionally by the league.

It seems like there is more vitriol directed at Bill Belichick than at Ray Rice, based on some of these comments.
I dislike belicheck more because:

1. what he did possibly affected my team in a super bowl.
2. He's in a position of authority
3. He's an obnoxious, arrogant smug bastard
4. He's been around longer

Frankly what Rice did doesn't affect me at all. It's not the nfl's job to regulate domestic relationships and abuse. The prosecutor elected to treat it a certain way and his victim married the guy. It was the prosecitor's job. Frankly it's her job to defend her interests, and if she's not going to attacking the NFL seems like a stretch.

I sure as hell don't want to be accountable for what our employees do in their home lives.